This post is brief and not aiming to teach much other than the importance of kicking back with friends sometimes and “just relaxing”. Yes we should study hard, listen to our humans, make sure our sniffs are all up to date on that walk and generally keep the place in order but we should also take the time to smell the proverbial roses too. These pics are old but show me with some of my farm buddies doing just that (well in this case we are all sniffing recently peed on thistles but the principle is sound)….
The other day we went for a walk across the fields and had a blast, really let our ears fly. Of course, the youngster can’t keep up with me try as he might I just cruise on by. I know this annoys him no end. He’s really trying to catch me. Mind you he gets his revenge by constantly trying to goad me into chasing him some more by fussing with my face. I do not like this, so, I run some more. Then we all have a good old splash about to cool off. Happy hounding indeed. So, I am hoping this weekend you and yours have fun “just relaxing” and hanging out. It’s good for the soul and good for the digestion and generally good.
I also had fun yesterday hanging out with my reading buddies at the library. Sounds like that might be the last session for this year unless we manage to get a little party together. Well done to all readers. You have all improved and hopefully chilling out with me reading your books will help you to keep doing your reading. It really is so much fun (must be, Mum spends a lot of time doing it too…)
- Emergency neck surgery…
- Follow Asha’s ute spook desensitisation story…
- Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Willooooooooow, Happy Birthday to meeee
- Just relaxing
- Vaccination training
- Live for today … I do
- Remember, remember the 5th of November…
- Don’t judge the dog by it’s cover…
- Mentally tired and physically tired
- Massage evening “Relax and Unwind” – how did it go?
- Show me your skills …
- Reading with Willow 5 Who is afraid?
- Upcoming canine relaxation and massage talk with sessions!
- The icing on the cake…
- Calm it down play boy
- Reading with Willow 4 Teething troubles
- It’s all in the timing …
- Special guest at Friday Friends
- Oamaru Dinner Club talk
- The 5 levels of training
- What’s in a name?
- Reading with Willow 3 Time for a bedtime story
- Health visit in sedation land
- The dangers of electricity as a training tool
- Reading with Willow 2 Check out Kina!
- Look at dogs from a non-doggy person’s point of view
- APDTNZ Conference 2015 – complete canine contentment
- Road dog!
- Reading with Willow 1
- A Canine Friend indeed
- Reading with Willow begins …
- Put the work in at the beginning to achieve your expectations
- Great expectations … … and managing disappointment
- Anxiety – important issue for people and their hounds
- Water water everywhere!
- Congratulations and Thank you to all Dog Summer School participants!!!
- The value of checking in
- Hounding around with some new friends
- Sleep glorious sleep
- Kong power
- Are you having fun?!
- Update on Canine Friends Pet Therapy
- The popular English nanny was right … a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- New Year resolutions … jump up and go!
- Happy New Year … resolutions made to be kept
- Dog Summer School – February 2015! … no dog is too cool
- MERRY CHRISTMAS every one!!!
- 12 doggy things of Christmas!
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly …