Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Willooooooooow, Happy Birthday to meeee
7 years ago today my mummy Greyhound had a litter of puppies of which I was one. Thank goodness she did that otherwise I wouldn’t be here today with all of the stories and friends that I have collected. In celebration of my birthday (and because although I am retired I was still working hard today) Mum bought me a new toy. Never too old for a new toy I say! I picked it off the shelf myself – it squeaks. Now some of you with a more imaginative or dirty mind may be reminded of certain, ah, human anatomy
when you see it. It is bone shaped, ok people, nothing else.
Today we visited the Takaro Lodge residents where I was wished happy birthday, told I was gorgeous and got lots of pats. Then we moved on to the gardens where Mum and I sat on my bed while she ate her lunch in the shade. We met two friends – Sophie the Labrador who is also a Canine Friend visitor and a small excitable white thing…. Mum was taking Sophie’s picture for the CFPT newsletter because her Mum couldn’t get a pretty picture of her. She is very chocolate coloured. After lunch – I got to eat the ice cubes out of the drink Mum had – I love ice cubes – it was back to Northanjer. Phew I got a bit hot but everyone wished my Happy Birthday. I spent a few minutes practising my statue impression when I spotted a cat outside the window.
Once home we went to the creek so I could have a bathe to cool off. Ahhh bliss.
Happy Birthday to all you hounds and houndettes out there! Older = wiser, or at least I hope so!
- Emergency neck surgery…
- Follow Asha’s ute spook desensitisation story…
- Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear Willooooooooow, Happy Birthday to meeee
- Just relaxing
- Vaccination training
- Live for today … I do
- Remember, remember the 5th of November…
- Don’t judge the dog by it’s cover…
- Mentally tired and physically tired
- Massage evening “Relax and Unwind” – how did it go?
- Show me your skills …
- Reading with Willow 5 Who is afraid?
- Upcoming canine relaxation and massage talk with sessions!
- The icing on the cake…
- Calm it down play boy
- Reading with Willow 4 Teething troubles
- It’s all in the timing …
- Special guest at Friday Friends
- Oamaru Dinner Club talk
- The 5 levels of training
- What’s in a name?
- Reading with Willow 3 Time for a bedtime story
- Health visit in sedation land
- The dangers of electricity as a training tool
- Reading with Willow 2 Check out Kina!
- Look at dogs from a non-doggy person’s point of view
- APDTNZ Conference 2015 – complete canine contentment
- Road dog!
- Reading with Willow 1
- A Canine Friend indeed
- Reading with Willow begins …
- Put the work in at the beginning to achieve your expectations
- Great expectations … … and managing disappointment
- Anxiety – important issue for people and their hounds
- Water water everywhere!
- Congratulations and Thank you to all Dog Summer School participants!!!
- The value of checking in
- Hounding around with some new friends
- Sleep glorious sleep
- Kong power
- Are you having fun?!
- Update on Canine Friends Pet Therapy
- The popular English nanny was right … a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
- New Year resolutions … jump up and go!
- Happy New Year … resolutions made to be kept
- Dog Summer School – February 2015! … no dog is too cool
- MERRY CHRISTMAS every one!!!
- 12 doggy things of Christmas!
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly …